Explore Engineering Program II
Explore engineering with hands-on activities during a week-long half day program designed specifically for students entering the 8th and 9th grade. Students will spend the week exploring the different types of engineering, visiting fun interactive labs and having tons of fun! Space is limited! This year only the top 25 students will be accepted based upon their application.
- Student must be entering the 8th or 9th grade during the 2014-2015 school year
- Complete the online application form
Camp Dates and Times:
- June 23 - 27, 2014
- 12:00pm to 5:00pm each day
- The camp costs only $300 for the entire week which covers snacks, lunch each day, a t-shirt, insurance and camp related expenses.
- Program fees are due upon acceptance into the program. Please do not send with your application.
- Scholarships are available and sponsored by various engineering departments. Please complete and send the scholarship application before the application deadline in order to be considered for a scholarship.
- Application deadline is Friday, May 9, 2014.
- Notification of acceptance will be mailed by Friday, May 16, 2014
- If the program fee is a financial burden, please complete and submit the scholarship application. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of financial need, as long as funds are available.
What should I wear?
- Wear what you usually wear to school. Please note that closed toed shoes are required in the labs. The University of Arkansas is a large campus, so you will do a lot of walking—wear comfortable shoes.
What should I bring?
- The only thing we'd like for you to bring is an open mind and a good attitude.
When should I arrive, where do I go, and how long do I stay?
- The program will take place from 12:00pm to 5:00pm each day in Bell Engineering on the University of Arkansas campus. Please check-in/check-out your student by pulling in front of the Nanosciences building in Lot 71. This is the parking lot across from Engineering Hall on Dickson St. We will have staff stationed here with check-in/check-out materials. Check-in will start at 11:40am. You must provide your own transportation to and from the program.
For more information, please contact Eric Specking, Director of Undergraduate Recruitment, at 479-575-7780 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
College of Engineering
4183 Bell Engineering Center
Fayetteville, AR 72701