Explore Engineering Program I
Explore engineering with hands-on activities during a week-long half day program designed specifically for students entering the 6th and 7th grade. Students will spend the week exploring the different types of engineering, visiting fun interactive labs and having tons of fun! Space is limited! This year the top 25 students will be accepted based upon their application.
Camp Dates and Times:
- June 17 - 21, 2013
- 8:30am to 1:00pm each day
- The camp costs only $300 for the entire week which covers snacks, lunch each day, a t-shirt, insurance and camp related expenses.
- Program fees are due upon acceptance into the program.
- Scholarships are available and are sponsored by various engineering departments.
- Application deadline is Friday, May10, 2013 and can be found here.
- Notification of acceptance will be mailed by Friday, May 17, 2013
- If the program fee is a financial burden, please complete and submit the scholarship application. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of financial need, as long as funds are available.
What should I wear?
- Wear what you usually wear to school. Please note that closed toed shoes are required in the labs. The University of Arkansas is a large campus, so you will do a lot of walking—wear comfortable shoes.
What should I bring?
- The only thing we’d like for you to bring is an open mind and a good attitude
When should I arrive, where do I go, and how long do I stay?
- The program will take place from 8:30am to 1:00pm each day in Bell Engineering on the University of Arkansas campus. Each morning, we will meet you in-front of Bell Engineering on Dickson St at 8:00am. You must provide your own transportation to and from the program.
For more information, please contact Eric Specking, Director of Undergraduate Recruitment, at 479-575-7780 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
College of Engineering
4183 Bell Engineering Center
Fayetteville, AR 72701