Scholarships and Financial Aid
The 2015-2016 CoE Scholarship Application will be open January 1 - February 15, 2015!
Current undergraduates, graduates, and new transfers - applying for College of Engineering scholarships now use the University of Arkansas universal application for current students (see information below).
Applications MUST be completed by February 15, 2015. Only COMPLETE applications will be considered eligible for scholarship consideration.
ALL students completing a College of Engineering scholarship application are strongly encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible in 2015.
Information for Current UA Students and New Transfers
- To apply for College of Engineering and departmental scholarships
- Complete the APPLICATION by February 15, 2015, 11:59pm CST
- Students will begin receiving notifications after spring semester grades are released (by June 1st).
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your e-mail address book, as some e-mail servers will block this address.
- You will need one letter of recommendation. Please provide the name and email address of your recommender when prompted on the application. Contact your recommender in advance and let them know that they will receive an automated email from the Academic Scholarship Office (email@example.com) asking them to submit their recommendation online directly into the application system. The recommendation must be from a faculty member, teaching assistant or academic advisor from the University of Arkansas that can speak to your academic abilities and potential. Letters from individuals that do not meet this requirement, such as work place supervisors, resident assistants, or individuals not associated with the University are strongly discouraged. Some scholarships that you might be eligible for will have different requirements for the letter of recommendation. Please review those additional instructions if they are provided to you.
- Prepare a current academic résumé (approximately 2-3 pages) that includes out-of-classroom activities that you have participated in during your college career, demonstrating contributions to the University of Arkansas, northwest Arkansas, or your hometown communities. Please read the Tips for Creating a Résumé for guidance on preparing your academic résumé. Only include relevant high school information that would support your work during your college career.
- Compose an essay, approximately two pages, no formatting requirement (see application for topic). The Quality Writing Center is a free on campus resource that you can use to assist in drafting your essay.
- You will be asked to sign in with your UARK ID and Password into the “AcademicWorks – University of Arkansas” system. In the “AcademicWorks – University of Arkansas” system, you will be able to submit all application materials, save and come back to your application, check the status of your application, and accept any scholarship offers.
- Please do not submit any application paperwork to the Academic Scholarship Office. All pieces of the scholarship application will be submitted online unless specifically noted.
For more information, contact Assistant Dean Thomas Carter, III (479-575-5009).
Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarships
Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarships are disbursed in amounts of one-half of the annual award each semester based on fulfillment of enrollment requirements.
Application deadline is June 1 for the Fall term and November 1 for the Spring term.
Guidelines for renewal are available here.
New Freshmen Scholarships
All freshmen are encouraged to apply for university-wide scholarships. For more information and application, visit the Scholarship Office. College of Engineering and departmental scholarships are awarded beginning with the sophomore year using the current student scholarship application and grades earned during the freshman year.
Outside Scholarship Opportunity - Breakthrough Technologies Scholarship
Deadline to apply: April 30
New Arkansan Non-Resident Tuition Award Scholarship
The New Arkansan Non-Resident Tuition Scholarship Award (NRTA) covers the majority of the difference between out-of-state tuition and in-state tuition, and is automatically granted to qualifying students. For more information visit the Scholarship Office
For more information about Financial Aid opportunities, visit the Financial Aid Office.
College of Engineering
4183 Bell Engineering Center
Fayetteville, AR 72701